Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tunisian Crochet Headband

So I got to use my little basket for the first time with this project. I decided I wanted to make myself a headband so I don't always have to wear my hat outside. Sometimes I'm just hanging out with friends and I don't need a lot to stay warm, but my ear muffs have headphones attached and I don't always want to deal with the cords, so a headband was my perfect solution. However, no matter how cheap they were at work after Christmas I wasn't about to buy one when I have plenty of yarn and the know-how to make one. So I hunted for the perfect stitch and I found this little beauty on pinterest (I LOVE that site!). I decided to start with the basic stitch, but she also has tutorials for 3 other versions of the Tunisian stitch and all of them are fantastic! I'm definitely going to be finding projects to use the other stitches for! Each seam was just slip stitching the two ends together, I made the little piece to hide the big seam, kept the little seam on the inside, and stitched it in place so it wouldn't turn around on me. Pretty simple but I like it and it fits very well so I'm happy with it. And it matches my scarf I made myself a few years ago so that's an added bonus! ;) What's your favorite crochet stitch?

No comments:

Post a Comment