Friday, January 3, 2014

My Quilt

So I was working on my quilt last night and my cat decided she needed to be involved in it as well After posting that picture on facebook I had a few people ask me for a "progress report" on my quilt. I've "only" been working on it for 3 years now, hand quilting is a much bigger undertaking than I expected it to be, but I've started now and I'm determined to finish it, hopefully by my boyfriend's birthday in May seeing as he's been begging for me to finish it so he can steal it from me :) so here's a few pictures of it so far: The first one is of the pattern as seen from the back, the second one is of the square you can see the pattern clearest in, the 3rd is how I'm doing it, and the last one is the bottom half of the quilt. It's HUGE. I didn't intend on it being so big, but it's really cozy to wrap up in, which I've done on really cold days despite it not being done. Basically how I'm doing the quilting part if it is I'm tracing the pattern onto tracing paper, pinning it in place over each square and stitching through the paper and quilt. I spray a little water on the paper once I'm done the square to help get the paper off easier and voila there's a quilted square! I'm on square #7 and I've got 48 total to do, I'm going to be quilting quite a few of my nights away this winter! Anybody else out there working on a quilt and have a different way of quilting by hand or even by machine? Any quilt patterns you'd like to share? I'd love to see and hear about them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment