Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Green Bean Casserole

Had this for supper tonight and decided to share what I add to it :)  I always make a double batch so i get the 4 cans of green beans, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, and 2 cans of french fried onions, and you'll also need 2 cups of milk.  I add chicken, mushrooms, and onions to it though to make it a meal instead of a side :)  I cube up 2 good sized chicken breasts, chop up a whole small onion, a pre-sliced package of mushrooms from the store (easier lol) and a couple teaspoons of garlic and oil to fry that all with.  As soon as it's all cooked I add it to the normal mixture for the casserole and cook it like normal.  Not a whole lot different, but it's sooo tasty and I don't have to worry about making a main course to go with it ;) Let me know if you try it and what you think of it.  Do you have any classic dishes you've spiced up and would like to share?  Would love to hear about them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment