Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Crocheted Washcloths


I found the pattern for this washcloth here, but I only cared for the first pattern so I thought I'd give a tutorial for it.  It's all single crochet, but it creates a nice basket weave look that is really pretty.

Chain 32, sc in 4th chain from hook, and chain 1.



Skip next chain, sc in next chain, chain 1 and continue pattern until the end of the row.  Chain 2 and turn.


For each row you'll be doing a sc, chain 1 pattern, but you'll be sc in between the sc from the previous row.  Go right between the stitch under my finger in the first picture, and the stitch under my finger in the second picture.


As you're going along you should notice the upright stitches move closer together, which will form the basket pattern.  Be careful not to go between these upright stitches, it will separate and not look quite right.  Here's two pictures of the difference.


When you've gotten it to a square (about 24 rows total of the pattern) you'll sc all around the edge, with 3 in each corner.

When you get back to the beginning of your edge, slip stitch into the second sc and finish off.  I whipped out these 3 in just a couple hours, and that was including me doing it for the first time and then taking pictures through one of them.  The last one I had no interruptions and it took me probably about 30 minutes.  Super easy once you have done a couple and pretty quick too.  Good for gifts ;)  Or, you know, dishes...but I prefer gifts haha :)  Try it out, and check out the other patterns too, you may like them more than I did, her instructions are very easy to follow.  Hopefully going to be making some scrubbies I found a pattern for as well soon, but that's for another night.  Later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment