Sunday, June 7, 2015

Spring Happenings

I've been so busy with actually doing things I've completely forgotten to post about doing things - whoops! I've actually taken a bit of a break from doing crafty things because I've been busy with getting my vegetable garden going for the summer and trying to clean up the flower gardens around the house.  This is the first time I've done it all by myself so we'll see how it turns out, so far things are going well, so we'll hope and pray it continues that way :)
I recently held a Mother Daughter Tea at my church just before Mother's Day, my Nana took pictures but I've not been able to get them from her yet so I don't have anything to show you just yet.  However I'm also holding a Father's Day Pancake Breakfast the morning before Father's Day so hopefully I'll remember to take pictures of my own that day and I'll be able to post pictures of both events at the same time!  The tea actually went over very well, considering it was the first time I'd ever done anything like that and also for not having a lot of people show up (due to my not advertising very well, still learning).  I also held this event in the fellowship hall at my church; I used pink tablecloths for all the tables, I used a few old books topped with flower filled tea pots for centerpieces.  I got the tablecloths and the flowers from the dollar store, and the books and most of the teapots came from my Nana, and a few teapots came from another member from my church.  I made tea wallets for all the mothers that came, and I'll be making a gift for all the fathers for the upcoming breakfast as well, but that's a secret for now ;)  I also have another little party in the works that I'm planning, but that's an even bigger secret.  Coming up shortly I'll be getting back to doing crafts as I have to start making all my Christmas gifts (I have to start early when I hand make all of them).  Hopefully I'll actually get the other site really going as well soon, I'm such a bad procrastinator lol.  Out for now, but not for long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment