Thursday, February 6, 2014

Little Bow

Ok folks, I'm back. Pinkie is still not 100% up to par but I was having crafting withdrawals so here I am! I've got 3 things to share but I'm going to do them in separate posts so this one isn't 10 miles long. These first two are going to be the embelisments I promised for the mug huggers, but they also look adorable on the last project I have tonight, boot cuffs. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, first, a bow :)To make the bow you'll use the same pattern we used for the mug hugger, except you're only going to chain about 5 and only do a few inches long. You can adjust these measurements depending on the size you want your bow to be, this size just works well for me :) When you have finished, slip stitch the two ends together and finish it just like we did on the mug hugger. Here's where it's different. Now you're going to take yarn, I use the same color but you can definitely use different colors for pizazz, and tie a knot around the middle of the piece with the knot in the back by the seam. Now just wrap the yarn around that knot until it's as full as you'd like. Now, pull the yarn under the wrap once, cut off a long tail, and pull it under 1 to 2 more times. Last step: weave the extra from the tail through 3 or 4 stitches, cut off the excess, and voila, you have a bow :) Pretty simple, but I like my projects that way, quick and easy, and also multi functional! Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment